Staffed 24-hours-a-day by emergency medical providers
Staffed 24-hours-a-day by registered nurses trained in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) 24-hour support by ancillary services including Radiology, Respiratory Care and Laboratory.
A copy of the Emergency Room record is forwarded to the primary provider to assure proper follow-up. If you would like the Emergency Room provider to see a patient, any communication from you about the patient which facilitates care or recommendations for referral would be appreciated.
When an emergency happens, call 911 immediately. Our team will be ready to assist you when you arrive.
Emergency clinic Emmetsburg, IA
Emergency Medical Services
As a group, our staff of hospital-based Paramedics and on-call volunteer EMTs hold the following certifications:
Ambulance Offices are Located at Palo Alto County Hospital
Emergency clinic Emmetsburg, IA
Emergency Room Information
To Best Serve You, Please:
Common Reasons for Emergency Services:
If you or a companion is experiencing any of these symptoms, seek emergency care:
Our providers and nurses are specialists in emergency medicine. They will examine you and will create a plan of care based on your individual treatment needs. Lab tests and diagnostic procedures may be ordered to further help diagnose your condition. After evaluation and treatment, the emergency services physician will either:
Diagnostic Testing & Wait Times
Your provider may order lab and/or diagnostic imaging tests to better determine your condition. Most lab tests can take from 30-75 minutes to complete. Complicated X-Ray and CT (Cat Scan) tests can take 60-120 minutes to be interpreted. We understand waiting in an emergency health situation can cause anxiety. We will strive to keep you informed of wait times.
Follow- Up Care
The primary role of the emergency provider is to treat an emergency medical condition. Upon discharge, you will need to follow up with your primary doctor or practitioner for further evaluation/treatment.
Family and Guests
A comfortable waiting room is provided for family and friends. Depending on your condition, a family member or friend may be with you in the exam and treatment room. However, there may be times when visitors may be limited or restricted. If visitors are permitted, please limit visitors to one to two people.
Emergency Care Team
Your emergency care will be overseen by a provider and a team of health professionals. Depending on your medical condition, you may have additional care providers and ancillary staff involved in your care.
- Physicians: Our Emergency Department is staffed with independent Emergency Providers who are available 24 hours every day. If you are admitted as an inpatient or need specialized health services, you will be referred to one of our local family care or specialty providers.
- Nurses who will monitor your health and administer medications and treatments under the direction of your provider.
- Paramedics who respond to all 911 calls and also provide transportation to other healthcare facilities. Paramedics also work closely with the emergency services providers and nurses in caring for you.
- Leadership Nurses who work closely with your entire care team to assure your health needs and personal comfort is being met.
- Specialized Health Professionals including staff specifically trained in physical, occupational, speech or respiratory therapies, or wound care treatment and infectious diseases.
- Lab or Diagnostic Imaging Techs: If lab tests or diagnostic imaging (x-rays, MRIs, CT, etc.) are ordered, you will be visited by a lab tech to secure a sample of your blood, and/or by a DI tech who will conduct the imaging test required for your care.
If at any time during your stay you have questions or concerns, please ask to visit with a nurse leader. For optimal healing, we believe you need to be as comfortable as possible and pleased with your care.