Now Hiring Full-Time and Part-Time Health Care Workers
Palo Alto County Health System is looking for talented people to join our team. We have a variety of opportunities for both part-time and full-time positions. Don’t see the job you are looking for? You can set up job alerts so you get notified immediately after a position you’re interested becomes available. Thank you for your interest in pursuing your career with Palo Alto County Health System.
Emmetsburg is an active community, located in the northwest corner of Iowa. We take pride in our relaxed atmosphere and family oriented lifestyle. Emmetsburg is a small town of approximately 3,800 people. It is small enough that you can get to know your neighbors, but large enough to offer almost everything you want or need. Located at the intersection of Highways 4 & 18 in Palo Alto County, it provides easy access to neighboring cities.
Emmetsburg is well known for its excellent school system and athletic teams, including Emmetsburg Community Schools, Emmetsburg Catholic School, and Iowa Lakes Community College.
Five Island Lake is a popular tourist destination where people can enjoy boating, fishing and swimming. Smith Wellness Center, located at the Iowa Lakes Community College Campus, offers various recreational activities for the young and the old.
Those whom are interested in Emmetsburg, whether it be a short stay or a permanent relocation, will find it to be a warm, inviting community.
Palo Alto County Health System (PACHS) is a not-for-profit county owned entity that operates for one purpose: to serve your wellness and “Lifecare” needs with respect and compassion. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities we serve by improving healthcare services, buying new technologies, upgrading facilities, and making sure that care is available to everyone ‘ regardless of their ability to pay. Profits are not distributed to shareholders, as they would be in the case of a for-profit hospital.
- Working to improve the health of our communities. Compassion is the foundation for all that we do. Patients and their families are treated as people first, which means compassion, dignity, and respect are at the core of any treatment program. It also means that when someone is treated at one of our facilities, the needs of the whole person ‘ body, mind, and spirit ‘ are what matters >most.
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.
PACHS provides a full continuum of primary and specialty health care from the birth of a new family member, to end of life care for residents of our communities. The main entities of PACHS include:
- Palo Alto County Hospital– 25 inpatient bed Critical Access Hospital
- Family Practice Clinicsin Emmetsburg, Graettinger and West Bend
- PARC Halla long term care facility
- Willow Ridge, Independent senior living apartments
- Community Health Services
- Home Health Service
- Hospice of Palo Alto County
- Public Health Department for Palo Alto County
- Palo Alto County Emergency Medical Services
PACHS is a member of the MercyOne Network, which offers opportunities for recruitment, training, education and networking and provides our community members a 20,000 person support team. Your Best Life, Our One purpose. The MercyOne Network encircles you with the regions highest-rated services and more locations and personalized care for you and your family. Click Here to learn more about the Power of One within the MercyOne Network https://www.mercyone.org/circle/
Find a Rewarding Career When You Join the Expert Team at PACHS.
Refer a Physician to MERCYONE – North Iowa and Earn $5,000
MercyOne Medical Center Mason City – North Iowa is offering up to $5,000 to anyone who refers a qualified physician that is then hired to practice in MercyOne Network – North Iowa.
Iowa, as well as the entire nation, is experiencing physician shortages. Mercy is being creative in recruitment strategies to maintain the high level of access to quality health care available to area residents – the Physician Referral Reward program is just one way.
The Physician Referral Program expands on one of the organizations’ programs, that up until now, has been offered only to Mercy associates. The total reward for a qualified referral is $5,000. When the referred candidate has been hired, the person submitting the referral is paid the reward according to the following schedule:
How to Make a Referral
The procedure to refer a physician is:
There are many physician opportunities that are eligible to be included in this program. Physicians currently in Mercy Health Network – North Iowa and physicians previously sourced by the Physician Recruitment Department are not qualified referrals.
Mercy Health Network – North Iowa is a consortium of nine hospitals and 44 clinics sponsored by Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa (MMC-NI).
Current Job Openings
Below is a list of the current openings with our company. Click on the job title to learn more about the opening.
Palo Alto County Health System has many opportunities for those who want to volunteer. Volunteers offer valuable support to various departments throughtout the hospital. Opportunities include working in the Auxiliary Gift Shop, volunteer greeter desks, courtesy van driver, Hospice, Meals on Wheels, PARC Hall or Willow Ridge volunteer, performing clerical tasks, assisting with registration at special events, and the opportunity to be a member of the Palo Alto County Hospital Auxiliary.